DICOM de-identification tool overview
From CommontkJump to navigationJump to search
Home < DICOM de-identification tool overview
Specific use cases and requirements for de-identification
- Client side processing
- Offline processing
- Platform and browser independent
- Provided as commandline tool?
- In-application processing should be possible?
- e.g. in MITK and Slicer?
- Specify conditions like if tag value is equal to XYZ then remove all private tags except of <tag list>
Some issues, which anonymization tools often have, found on the Plastimatch homepage, also providing a comparison:
- Some date fields cannot be changed (duh)
- It is not possible to preserve relative dates (for example, we would like to set StudyDate to Jan 1, 2000, but preserve the fact that StructureSetDate occurred 35 days later)
- Private tags are always deleted (on our GE scanner, these contain important acquisition details)
- Comments, diagnosis descriptions, or other fields cannot be reset (may contain protected information)
- It is not possible to modify strings (for example, the physician might type “smith-final” into the StructureSetName field, and we would like to delete “smith” but preserve “final” )
- UIDs are not changed, or relationships between UIDs are not preserved (duh)
Available tools for DICOM de-identification
|Toolname||Language||Available as cmd line?||Features||URL|
|Clinical Trial Processor||Java||http://mircwiki.rsna.org/index.php?title=CTP-The_RSNA_Clinical_Trial_Processor|
|DICOM Browser||Java||Yes||Script based processing: Assignment / Deletion / Constraint and condition based / Built-in functions / Generators / user defined variables||http://nrg.wustl.edu/software/dicom-browser/|