Note: this page is a work in progress -- some information subject to change
Date: November 14-18, 2011
Location: INRIA - Sophia Antipolis, France
Goal: A follow on to the wildly successful previous hackfests!
Requirements: Attendees must be willing to spend their time during the event with writing ctk code that contributes to the main ctk roadmap. People who do not feel qualified for this are politely not invited :)
Group size: Maximum 20 participants so we can have a manageable working meeting. The organizing committee will invite and select participants based on input from TheTeam.
Site Hosts: Benoît Bleuzé
Future Events: Future hackfests will be announced in advance, and we hope lots of people will be interested in participating. The venue and activities at future hackfests will be determined based on the number of active participants in the project. We welcome participation via the CTK email lists, the source code repository, and this website.
- So far we have received confirmation for the following people (in no particular order). Please fill in your intentions in terms of common accommodation.
Note: There were also other invitations sent to active people on the community, and people who recently showed interest. When their intent will be known they will be added to the list.
Use the CTK developers mailing list to discuss build issues and topics for ongoing work.
Phone conferences have been scheduled in the weeks leading to the event:
- Tuesday 25th October 2011 18:00 (CET) - 12:00 (EST)
- Tuesday 8th November 2011 18:00 (CET) - 12:00 (EST)
Topics and Projects
- Develop a roadmap for the CTK core. It is advised to begin pondering on this in the weeks leading to the hack-fest in order to dedicate as much time as possible to the real hacking during the week. The roadmap for the CTK core is a good place to start your thinking. It has been written by Ivo and Marco at the start of the CTK initiative.
DICOM Application Hosting
Possible work items:
- Data Exchange Interface (finish file-based data exchange, XPath Queries)
- Conformance testing (for both host and app)
- Interface (WSDL) compliance
- State transition tests
- Demo Application
- Improve ease of use for host and app developers
Possible work items:
See CtkDICOM for possible goals.
- See ctkDICOM in Slicer4 for information on a particular application use case.
Working towards a unified testing method throughout the whole code base.
- Julien (also linked but not limited to App hosting testing)
Build Systems & Software process
Possible work items
- Clean up the code base so everything compiles
- "make install" support for CTK applications
- "make install" support for a CTK SDK (binaries + header files)
- Make CTK compatible with upstream 3rd party toolkits (i.e. DCMTK, VTK, Log4Qt, etc.)
Resolve github issues
Monday 14th: 9:30-18:00
- Presentations 9:30 12:45:
- each institution will present in 15 minutes + 5 minutes of questions how they use CTK, or what do they expect from it.
- Dicom Application Hosting introduction: where we stand, how much further this week? (Benoît)
- Dicom Networking (Steve, Michael)
- Plugin Framework (Sascha)
- Testing Framework (Julien)
- end of presentations
- Road Map
- Morning 9:00 12:45:
- Road Map, continued
- Afternoon 18:00:
- Road Map end
- More hacking
Travel & Hotel
- If you have any troubles during your visit, call Benoit : +33 4 92 38 71 55 (or if not available, +33 6 32 78 59 92, but it's my mobile)
- Nice Airport: http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/
Transportation on Site The taxi is awfully expensive, count around 50 € to go from Nice Airport to Antibes.
The bus from Antibes to INRIA is the Express 100. It starts "Place De Gaulle", the closest stop to INRIA is "Templiers", costs 1€. From there it will only take you 3 minutes to reach INRIA: map from Les Templiers
Lodging Prefer Antibes to any other locations, Sophia-Antipolis is very badly connected to places to sustain you at night, and the buses stop after 20:00/20:30
- Rooms have been blocked for 11 people in the hotel l'Etoile:
phone number: +33 4 93 34 26 30
address: 2 Avenue Gambetta, 06600 Antibes, France
(54€ per night for a single room, 6.50€ for breakfast) Also here is a map with the hotel, and the departure of the bus line 100: File:Hotel etoile.pdf There are other addresses you might find attractive, but I have made no agreement with them:
- Hôtel Relais du Postillon (not far from the other, good reputation among the visitors of INRIA)
8 Rue Championnet, 06600 Antibes, France
+33 4 93 34 20 77
For the other hotels, Apparently you should avoid "Le Collier". Then I have no reports on how the other hotels in Antibes compares. But if you can't find a room in the above hotels, try others near the rail station or within the old town. This way you will get an easy access to the bus (the Express 100).
- Inria Sophia Antipolis:
2004 route des Lucioles BP 93 06902 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS Cedex - FRANCE
Good news, lunches will be covered for everyone as well as coffee breaks morning and afternoon, courtesy of Inria!
- Average min/max temperature in November in Sophia Antipolis:15-20 Celsius
INRIA Imaging Workshop November 21-23: http://www-sop.inria.fr/asclepios/events/VPHimaging11/