Home < Documentation < PythonScripting ConvertPyQt2PythonQt
This document aims at describing which steps are required to migrate PyQt code to PythonQt.
As an example, we will consider the implementation of PythonQt matplotlib backend.
- PyQt should be changed into PythonQt
- QDialog.exec() method isn't available in PythonQt. Use QDialog.open() as a workaround
- QFontDatabase is not available. There is workaround
- There are no equivalent for pyqtSignature, pyqtProperty
- QString is not available. Python string are mapped with QString.