Documentation/Interfacing Via OpenGL
Home < Documentation < Interfacing Via OpenGL
This is a development idea for discussion and experimentation at the May, 2010 Hackfest
Possible vtkXIPActor (or vtkOpenInventorActor)
Proof of Concept
- A link between vtk and xip could be done by following the example of the vtkOpenGLScriptedActor. In this example:
- vtk sets up the rendering context as it normally does during a call to the Render() method on a vtkOpenGLRenderWindow
- the actor's Render() method is responsible for calling the OpenGL API (in this case using PyOpenGL.
- It should be possible to encapsulate OpenInventor scene graphs inside a similar structure.
- Mapping vtk events into OpenInventor events so that it is possible to interact with the XIP scene
- Mapping xip inputs (like volume data) generically to a "Set*" methods on the vtk object.
vtkXIPActor *xipActor = vtkXIPActor::New(); xipActor->SetSceneGraph("XIPSampleScene.iv"); renderer->AddActor(xipActor); renderWindow->Render();